MFC Guest Access
We recommend that each student manages their own student account but understand there are cases where it is necessary for a parent, spouse or other third-party to access information or complete transactions on your behalf.
Guest Access allows you to give another person access to your BYU account.
We will not discuss your account or records with your parent, spouse or other third party unless Guest Access is granted.
|Academic||MyMAP, including class schedule, grades, and registration|
|Financial||My Financial Center, including payments, financial aid, and direct deposit|
|Personal||Personal Information, including addresses and identifiers|
|YMessage||Secure electronic communication through YMessage|
|Web||Allows guest to log in to your online university accounts|
|Telephone/In-person||Allows guest to speak with BYU employees about your information over the phone or in person|
The person you want to have access to your account is required to have their own NetID.
- Go to guestaccess.byu.edu
- Click on My Guests and the Add a Guest button to add a new guest.
- Enter the person's NetID and confirm.
- Select the access areas and type you want to give them, and when it should expire.
- You will will receive an email confirming that you invited someone to Guest Access, but it will not be granted until they accept.
- You may remove guests from your account at any time.
You can view the names of people who have access to your account in My Guests on guestaccess.byu.edu .
Receiving and Using Guest Access
You must have a NetID to be granted Guest Access.
- Create a NetID if you do not already have one.
When access has been granted to you, you will receive an email that requires you to accept or decline the invitation.
- You will need to set up a Telephone Access Phrase.
- Make this phrase memorable, since you will use it to identify yourself if you call BYU to speak with an employee about the student's account.
On the My Access page you will have information on the areas you have been granted access to.
- If you have web access, these will be links.
- If you were granted Telephone/In-Person Access, you can get call/come in for help with the account areas you have access to. If you need to contact us over the phone, make sure you know the Telephone Access Phrase you created on guestaccess.byu.edu .
- If you forget your Telephone Access Phrase, you can find it by logging into guestaccess.byu.edu and clicking My Access.
Student Information Release Authorization
If Guest Access does not meet your needs for some reason, you may use the following form to give your consent for us to release information to third party. This is for one-time use only.